- Welcome and Setting the Context for the Programme
- The Leaders role today and the changing expectations from the workforce: with demanding work culture today Leaders have to find ways to vision and mentor the workforce, promote team spirit and partner and inspire internal stakeholders.
- Importance of being emotionally intelligent as a Leader: Leaders set the tone of their organization. Emotionally intelligent leader can result in higher employee engagement and lower turnover rate. Also help individuals advance in career and organization.
- How the Brain works: All parts of your brain work together and each part is responsible for a specific function from controlling your heart rate to your mood. Functioning of the brain will be understood in detail.
- EI Model: Goleman Model: one of the most widely used model which speaks about 5 components to efficiently describe EI- self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills.
- Self-assessment on EI: understanding and assessing own EI using EI tools.
- Understanding emotions of others– understanding what is Emotional Literacy, Vocabulary feelings and needs and its importance.
- Using Emotions – Roles of emotions in relationships at work
- Using positive energy for self and team effectiveness
Mid to senior Leaders across all functions.
At the end of the program, participants would be able to
- Understanding the value of EI in their Leadership Roles
- Apply techniques for enhancing awareness and managing theirs and others emotions; and
- Apply EI techniques for building positive energy for self and team in order to lead business productivity and creative a positive work environment.